Sunday, January 20, 2008

That would look SO good if I wasn't Vegetarian....

J and I decided to become vegetarians for a month for reasons having to do with animal cruelty, bodily health, and the ridiculously high price requested for rotting carcass at the store. I also just finished the modern day classic "Skinny Bitch" which is vehemently vegan. I would love to go crazy with the veganism, but it may be a little too intense for now... to explain let's look at our first "vegetarian" week in review.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mon: We go to the store to pick up food (all vegetarian) then make a trip to Ikea where we proceed to scarf down Swedish Meatballs, of course

Tues: J starts drooling over the picture of a personal pepperoni pizza at Dunken Doughnuts.... yes, I said Dunken. Doughnuts. Then we proceed to get lost on our way home from shopping and we're both starving. Naturally we stop at a random pizza place run by really nice Indian folks and order one pepperoni, one sausage and mushroom pizza, and they thew in an extra cheese pizza for free (because apparently we look like the fat cows that we are inside... whatever, free food)

Wed: Our cookbooks are given a rundown so we could figure out what to make a friend when she comes over for dinner and I made the phrase "That would look SO good if I wasn't Vegetarian" a regular addition to conversation

Thurs: COMPLETELY VEGETARIAN!! Maybe we were super motivated... or maybe we didn't get our lazy asses out of our pajamas all freakin' day.

Fri: Walk down to the corner to get some pizza; I did a good job with the white pizza that would have been great with sausage. J decided to go original with a Pepperoni pizza covered in extra scalding hot oil. Well done, J.

Sat: Meet up with some friends in the city (B has been going on 3 days successfully Vegetarian) hang out until 4ish when J decides that we need french fries. Now. So we make our way to a really classy diner (that didn't have any ranch dressing... say what?!) and J and I end up stuffing our faces with buffalo chicken. Bravo ladies, bravo.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is the moral of this story?

In order for meat eaters to become vegetarian, they need to be locked in their apartment for extended periods of time.


We will not give up this quest! We may not be very consistent, but we are making progress towards the "Skinny Bitch" lifestyle. Now if you'll excuse me, that chorizo breakfast burrito is totally calling my name.

~B

4 comments:

Lunasea said...

The secret is popcorn. Popcorn is vegetarian, cooks in 3 minutes and is very high in fiber. Oh, could count as vegan, too.

Great blog! I'm adding you to my bloglines.

Unknown said...

I don't comment on blogs and probably won't again but wanted you to know that I'm enjoying following your adventures and enjoy both yours and Jens entries. I'm so glad that the two of you are following your dreams...wishing you both GREAT success. love, CAS

Beastarzmom said...

hee hee... it worked!!!

Sarah said...

Fun blog! I found you via Beastie. Yeah, just what you want - middle aged women reading your blog, right?

I really do enjoy reading about your (mis)adventures. I'll be back for more.