Thursday, January 17, 2008

Adventures in Auditioning

The New York audition is a rare species that can bring even the best to their knees. Taking into account that I wasn't a great auditioner to begin with, you can imagine that I have made some less than stellar first impressions.
Audition 1: The role is a legit soprano - I decide to sing a saucy jazz song. Really good call, Jenny, really good.
Audition 2: I finish singing and they tell me I should come back for Hairspray.
Audition 3: Am typed out for Hairspray.
Audition 4: I have an out of body experience. I can see this red haired girl doing a modern interpretive dance while singing a Disney song. This cannot possibly be me, serious dramatic actress Jennifer Dunne. What a freak, that girl sucks.
Audition 5: I forget the words to my song and actually sing the word "SCHMOOOO" where a lyric should be.
Auditions 6 - 10: Much of the same, add a little bad dancing, some unfortunate attire, and some really bad song choices.
Audition 11: It's a miracle. I do not mess up the words to my song. I do not make my song into a sad imitation of a street performance piece. I do not try to sing exactly like the girl who just sang before me who sounds like Chenoweth on 'roids. I have a good audition. Finally.

Let's just pray that no one remembers that weirdo who decided it would be a really good idea to make, "Candle on the Water" into an audition song.

 - J

3 comments:

Beastarzmom said...

SCHMOO! LOL! I'm gonna have to remember that one. I think it could be useful!

Unknown said...

I love this blogging idea! I'm so excited for both of you, please keep updating regularly!

jmama said...

You girls keep posting the updates, and no more cabs with drunk guys from hoboken. Maybe drunk guys from Weehawken, but definitely not Hoboken.