Monday, March 3, 2008

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho....

Congratulations to me! I am now officially employed in New York City as a PT Office Assistant and also as a Caterer!

Today I finished my first day (well, half day) of work for an awesome IT consulting company in midtown Manhattan. Let me sum up my hard days work:

Morning- Meet everyone who is in the office today, take a tour of our floor with my office "buddy" Peter who shows me the new Wii, the kitchen area, and the ongoing nerf dart game. My boss comes up to bring me the "welcome wagon"- a bright little 'Radio Flyer' type wagon loaded up with random things from around the office; 409, Paperclips, Pencils, an extension chord, and little business man action figures. He proceeds to pick up a little plastic gun, load it with one of the figures, and say "when you're really pissed at your boss, just load the gun and pull this trigger," so of course I did and the little man went flying across the room! I look at him in a little state of shock and say "well why don't I just throw you?? Why harm the innocent little men?"

Lunch- The office takes me out to an all you can eat sushi restaurant where I proceed to embarrass myself by going for 2 full plates of food and finishing the ENTIRE thing.

Afternoon- I place a Staples supply order and fight with my archaic phone for a while. Then I joke with my boss and the HR woman who hired me for a jaunt and head home at the ripe old time of 2:30.

This is a tough life....

~B

2 comments:

Lunasea said...

Congratulations! Way to bring home the bacon!

P.S. You're a good writer.

Beastarzmom said...

And you just make sure you track that Staples order all the way to the supply drawer, now, OK?
Sounds sweet! (not the "sweet" sweet - the "SCHWEEEEEEET" sweet!)