Friday, October 17, 2008

Words of Wisdom

I couldn't have said it better myself.
CALIFORNIA!! Absolutely Vote NO on Prop 8...

I know I'm not big on expressing my political belief, but this is important, so I'm speaking out... It's very disappointing that Proposition 8 is even in existance especially in a Liberal State like CA. This sort of discrimination is unacceptable and exactly what is tearing America apart today. Why do people continue to try to see the world in Black and White when there is SO MUCH COLOR all around us? They are missing a very important piece of life. True diversity. Diversity in religion is recognized. Diversity in ethnicity is still a stuggle for minorities. Diversity in lifestyle is still struggling to identify itself as an option. WHY can't we embrace our differences and the differences of others? WHY can't we stop exploiting people's lifestyles and using the media to incriminate and scandalize fellow citizens? WHY is the act of allowing two people who love each other to make a vow even a question in our society? This is the time to unite. This is the time to look at the world in technicolor.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to vote on this proposition because I just registered in NJ. Now I'm disappointed that I didn't register absentee. Please help spread the word and express your belief to any friends, family, or stranger who is voting on the CA Ballot. Be Smart. Think before you give your rights away.

~B
Proud supporter of the Obama/Biden Ticket. Yes, We Can.

2 comments:

Beastarzmom said...

Yes, Indeed. Nicely said.

Lunasea said...

Actually, I think you did say it better yourself. Rock on with your bad self. (Are the kids still saying that?)